At St Peter and St Paul CE Primary School we have four Community Teams:
- Team Anne (yellow)
- Team Bess (blue)
- Team Mary (red)
- Team Victoria (purple)
How does it work?
- The four Communities are named after the four blast furnaces, which overlook the school from the local steelworks. The blast furnaces were originally names after four queens of England.
- Pupils and staff are placed into one of the four communities when they start the school. Families are all in the same community.
- Pupils can earn tokens for their community at any point during the school day, in and out of the classroom.
- All members of staff working in the school or working with pupils can award community tokens, including visitors.
- Tokens are collected in the heart of the school.
- Community leaders will count the tokens on a weekly basis.
- In our Friday assembly each week, the scores will be announced and recorded in the hall.
- The totals each week are counted up over a term and exchanged for a community reward.
- On Thursdays communities come together for community worship.
- Events are held throughout the year in communities eg Harvest and Easter worships, Sport’s Day and other competitions.